Our centres are focused on providing all the children in our care, with healthy and nutritious meals or snacks that have been designed to provide your child with a balanced diet whilst in our care.
Working with our centre cooks, in line with, feedAustralia - an Australian Government initiative we provide a seasonal menu to suit even the fussiest eater.
One of our centre favourites this month was our easy-to-make Butter Chicken and Rice recipe, and we felt it was too good to keep it a secret!
Check out our Butter Chicken and Rice recipe below:
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
Cooking time: 35 Minutes
Garlic, fresh, peeled
Ginger, fresh, peeled
Mature carrot, peeled
Potato, unpeeled (with skin)
Sweet potato, orange flesh, peeled
Tomato paste, no added salt
Chickpea, canned, drained
Yoghurt, natural, regular fat
Brown rice, uncooked
Corn flour, from maize & wheat starch
Chicken, thigh, lean
Water from tap
Cream, 35% fat
Canned coconut milk
Dried cumin (cummin) seeds, ground
Paprika, ground, all types
Stock, dry powder or cube, reduced salt
- Boil and drain brown rice.
- Dice chicken and vegetables to desired size.
- Combine all ingredients (excluding rice) and pour into baking tray covered with foil.
- Bake at 180 Degrees Celsius, stirring twice during the cooking process until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Tip: For quicker cooking times cut potato into smaller pieces or pre boil.
- Serve with rice.