The countdown is on to Wednesday, the 6th of September, when our centres will celebrate Early Childhood Educators Day.
We’re inviting all families and caregivers to make a special effort to say ‘Thank You’ to the educators who care for and teach their children in our centres.
“For so many Australian families, the role their early childhood educators play is absolutely vital in supporting families to work and expanding the support and learning network their child has access to in their first five years,” explains Dr Lesley Jones.
What is Early Childhood Educators Day?
Early Childhood Educators’ Day is an annual initiative of the Australian Childcare Alliance.
It celebrates the work of Australia’s educators in early learning services in their important role of supporting children’s well-being, learning and development in the early years.
It’s your chance to say ‘thank you’ to Australia’s early childhood educators on a very personal level.
Every year, Affinity Education Group combines efforts as a national community at a Centre, Area and State level to ensure every single educator feels appreciated and recognised.
Watch the official 2022 ‘Thank You’ video featuring Dr Lesley Jones from Affinity Education Group here.
How will you say thank you?
There are lots of ways families can say Thank You on the day or week of Wednesday the 6th of September.
If you have a child who attends an early learning service, Early Childhood Educators’ Day is the perfect opportunity to say ‘thank you’ to your educators in your own special way.
Together, you and your child/children might like to:
- Contribute educator gifts or treats for a morning tea being held on the day.
- Donate a ‘Planting Seeds of Positive Change’ themed gift to the centre or individual educators – discuss your ideas with your Centre Manager.
- Add your positive comments to Storypark or the Centre’s Facebook page on the day to ensure educators feel appreciated.
- Make a ‘thank you’ card or a homemade gift.
- Create some art - a drawing, painting or decoration.
- Invite your child to write a short story or poem about why they love their early childhood educator.
- Pick some flowers from your garden or donate some safe potted plants to decorate the centre.
- Make or bake something delicious to bring in on the day.
- Decorate and colour one of the printable cut-out shapes on the ECA Resources webpage.
There are many ways to say Thank You on Early Childhood Educators Day; we know your child’s educator will be thrilled to receive them.